Under Orphans Education Programme, selected HIV/AIDS affected orphans, underprivileged orphans and children are provided with the required school needs such as:
- Educational needs which includes:
- School fees/levies
- School materials (textbooks, exercise books, tools, etc.)
- School uniforms (Daily and official wear, sport attire, etc.)
- Livelihood needs which includes which includes:
- Healthcare, etc
- Nutritional support which includes:
- Regular food packages.
N/B: The use of funds for group sponsored orphans is done on bases of one pot. The orphans on sponsorship are managed in a group and not as individuals most important to ensure their wellbeing and educational success. To ensure that an orphan under sponsorship is provided reasonable assistance to be independent, sponsorship ends at 23 years for very bright children who can go to University, or 21 years for those who can finish post high school training. At 18 years, a child in Cameroon would barely be finishing high school and stopping support at that level with no livelihood means, would quickly expose the child to various vices. The support of a child stops when a child stops attending school/training for a year. Education of an orphan is either formal general education or professional skills training for livelihood.
FORCE-CAM as at now does not have a specific home or an orphanage where the children are housed; but they live with families that take care of them. In so doing, a caretaker commitment form is filled and signed by the care taker before support starts.
GUIDLINES FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ORPHANS SUPPORT PROGRAMME
- Child is less than 14 years when foster care begins
- At least one of the child’s two parents died of AIDS, and the other parent or caretaker is incapable of providing decently to the child’s needs
2. CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
- Economic: Lack of funds, medical cost, the inheritance situation
- Family: Number of family members
- Lack of hospitality of the enlarged family
- Medical: illness or handicap
3. BENEFITS (Giving available resources, range from the following)
- Educational Support
- School fees/Levis
- Text/Exercise books, materials, tools, etc.
- Livelihood needs
4. FORCE CAM ENDS FOSTER CARE WHEN
- When he/she is an adult (18 years)
- If he/she obtains a paid job
- If he/she ceases formal education voluntarily and for a prolonged period; on bases of Truancy, Marriage, Pregnancy, etc
- If he/she repeats the same class twice
- If he/she/care taker does not report regularly on the evolution of the child (letters to foster parents)
- Lack of cooperation by child or caretaker
- Discovery that false information had been provided to FORCE CAM
- If foster parent so decides
- If FORCE CAM’s resources become scarce
In any case of ceasure of sponsorship, the child/care-taker shall be informed at least three months in advance.
|CARETAKER COMMITMENT FORM.pdf||Download|